Mission - Vision - Values
The State University of New York (SUNY) Council of Chief Information Officers (CCIO) is a leadership forum to leverage expertise for the campuses and the system to advance strategically important services and technologies.
The CCIO will be a leader and valuable partner providing transformational and influential contributions to achieve campus and SUNY goals.
Our values drive and guide us as we serve our communities. As members of the CCIO, we are committed to:
We believe in acting with integrity, and know this will lead to the credibility and trustworthiness required to build strong partnerships.
- We strive to be transparent and open in our efforts and decision-making processes, making and keeping commitments, acting in the best interests of our campuses and the SUNY community.
- Acting with integrity compels us to set realistic expectations, to follow through on commitments, and to favor the good of the whole when competing priorities emerge.
- We accept responsibility for our commitments and hold ourselves, and each other, accountable to deliver results.
We promote an environment of open communication and cooperation to develop synergy within SUNY and among our campuses.
- We value our culture of participation within our organization and throughout the SUNY community. We actively share experiences, knowledge, and information.
- We are committed to building strong partnerships and working with other leadership organizations within SUNY to achieve common goals.
- We respect individual campus differences, recognizing they are part of our strength as a system.
Creativity and Innovation
We foster creativity and innovation to act as catalysts for change in our communities.
- We embrace innovative solutions, different perspectives and paradigms, and new opportunities that result in stable, sustainable, leading edge services and technology.
- We encourage creative and critical thinking as we seek to constantly improve.
- We balance the pursuit of innovation against the value of standardization.